[time-nuts] GPSDO control loops and correcting quantization error

Don Oconnor eGunk at wowway.com
Fri Sep 14 23:06:36 UTC 2012

Nigel,

Yes, you understood and answered the question.

Thank you

Don O

I don't know if I've misunderstood your question, but as I understand it
the voltage reference output is a fixed voltage from an internal  regulator
that can then be used as the supply to an external control  circuit.
For example, it could be used as the feed voltage for a variable resistor
that has its wiper connected to the EFC input to allow for manual frequency
adjustment.
When some other form of external control is used, such as a DAC output for
example, it's not uncommon to find the voltage reference output left
disconnected and the control circuit fed from an  alternative supply.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 14/09/2012 23:10:59 GMT Daylight Time, eGunk at wowway.com