[time-nuts] Z3801 Replacement GPS Receiver Card

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Sep 16 13:41:02 UTC 2012

Hi

It's probably easier to just make up an emulator for the UT rather than doing it on a string by string basis. Only one of the strings needs to synch up with the PPS. The rest can all be generated as needed. I'm not saying it would be easy, only easier.
Maybe put something like an LEA-6T and a PIC on a drop in board to fit in the 3801. Let the GPS work with lots of sats and use the emulator to hide the extras from the 3801. Initialize the gps from the PIC and more or less ignore the init commands from the 3801. Sounds like a pretty involved project.

Bob