[time-nuts] Reducing lab noise with LED lighting.

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Mon Sep 17 04:19:10 UTC 2012

If you dim the halogens, you will be operating them outside of the
temperature required for the Halogen Cycle to operate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halogen_lamp

Shorter filament life and bulb darkening.

That being said, I have a couple of halogen lights on dimmers and love them
-- I like the quality of the light.

DaveH