[time-nuts] Low power timekeeping

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 03:03:45 UTC 2012

Hal,

The Csac takes 115mW, and a good GPS takes another 100mW or so.

The Csac has a 1pps input for primitive disciplining from the GPS.

Turning on the GPS for 5 minutes every hour gives about 150mW total consumption with supply losses.

Can't get more stability than that for less power anywhere.

Said

Sent From iPhone