[time-nuts] usb gps devices

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Wed Sep 26 20:46:25 UTC 2012

If they have FCC ID numbers, you may be able to find photographs of the inside of the devices, which in turn could reveal the chipset if the photo was clear, then with the chipset you could determine if a 1 second pulse is available.

Years ago I got a GPS board from Asin or something like that. It had a 1 second pulse, but absolutely not locked to gps time. So you need to beware of what looks like a timing pulse but might not be.