[time-nuts] WWVB Now a Monopoly

Tom Miller tmiller at skylinenet.net
Wed Sep 26 21:30:08 UTC 2012

With all due respect;

What I dislike is the pre-entry of a company that has direct knowledge of
the format, tying up the easy (and less expensive) methods of decoding the
time data using prior inside information and the patent system.

Let's say you find out what this PM modulation format is and decide to make
a NTP server based on the new format. Much to your surprise, the method you
want to design to has already been patented (by XW). The only option you
have is to possibly design with a more expensive and hence less marketable
device.

Sorry to keep beating this poor horse.

Regards,
Tom