[time-nuts] Changing FE-5650A frequency?

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 7 12:56:36 EDT 2013

Hi Alex,
These units were used as timing references for secure communication systems (Havequick). see ebay item 130832014630. Unfortunatly they are an older design with a two chip DDS. The other problem is that the "M" designation is for military and means they have been partially encapsulated with polyurethene foam. You can cut it away but it is very easy to damage the PCB. Frequency setting is by DIP switches (under the foam) allowing full range of frequency selection. However the output filter is narrow so you can't go far from 800kHz.
Did you buy all seven?

Robert G8RPI.