[time-nuts] Connectors

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Apr 12 07:27:33 EDT 2013

Hi

The fancy F connectors are indeed waterproof if:

1) You have the right cable
2) The cable and connector match up
3) The tool and the connector match up

The auction sites are a great place to get samples of connectors and tools that apparently work with no known cable …

If you are not careful about the trim on the dielectric / positioning , they can have issues above 1 or 2 GHz. Even a lot of care they don't really do the job above 5 GHz. Exactly where they drop out depends (of course) on your return loss expectations.

Bob