[time-nuts] How dies a Rubidium ?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 11:58:30 EDT 2013

In my experience with numbers of less expensive cel tower pulls, they blink
out and re-ignite and then relock this is infrequent. But occurs more and
more often. If RB is suspected of going to the darkside, I use the
blink-ometer to catch this.

What the heck is a blink-ometer?
Simply one of those little pedometer counters that I have tapped into and
through a opto coupler allow the blink to trigger a count. Happy to sell
you one for $199 plus shipping and if you act now will include another for
postage and handling....

The other clue is the lamp voltage. This is a relative clue if your unit
even gives you access to it. The FRS start at 9 or so volts and seem to
start to blink about 3. Its relative and your milage will vary.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL