[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution SMT GG weirdness

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 23:44:13 EDT 2013

I'd bet you could determine a lot about the cause by looking at the spectra
of the error.    I'm guessing that if the cause is an inaccurate survey
location then the wondering will be periodic because at one point in the
satilite's orbit it will be "too close" and then the distance will be to
far.   It might be hard to see this with multiple sats in view but still
I'd not expect white noise.

Another guess is that when yo do see white noise then you have things set
up about as good as you can.

I supose some one has looked at this.  Is randomness in the timing error a
good test?   If so then I am more motivated to compares my GPSDO and Rb
oscillators.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> > I wonder, what kind of timing GPS gives 112ns wander?
>
> How good is your antenna?  112 ns is roughly 112 feet.  That's not at all
> surprising if your antenna is inside or under trees.
>
> You might watch the number of satellites and/or watch the position while it
> does a survey.
>

> --
> These are my opinions.  I hate spam.

Chris Albertson