[time-nuts] ngTADD-1

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Tue Apr 23 15:58:44 EDT 2013

On Apr 23, 2013, at 2:24 AM, WB6BNQ <wb6bnq at cox.net> wrote:
> I had to buy the three components at three different places.  The TOSLINK receiver came from Mouse (p/n 757-TORX177F,T) and cost $1.31.  The TOSLINK transmitter came from DIGIKEY (p/n 1080-1428-ND)
> and cost $0.866.  At the time, for whatever reason each supplier had the one end but not the other.
> [...]

Thanks, I did consider optical isolation, but wasn't sure of what parts to use. Looks like the receiver isn't stocked by Mouser anymore, but I could look for it.

I saw the transmitter's max jitter is specified at 20 ns. I wonder if there is a reasonably-priced substitution with < 1 ns jitter.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Kevin