[time-nuts] Radio with GPSDO

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Wed Apr 24 11:11:41 EDT 2013

In a world of digital comms with very capable competition, AOR has been looking for a reason to exist. They have turned to high end gear. For some time now, their radios were DDS and capable of running from an external 10MHz. I suspect they are used in a rack of gear to direction find. The black box SDR version is the next obvious step since nobody was actually playing with the knobs anyway.

I would be surprised if there were vans with 3 or 4 of these black box radios as part of a "stingray" or "silent ping" set up using correlation techniques to RDF cellular users. It has enough bandwidth to cover all known cellular providers. It could probably RDF wifi.