[time-nuts] Trimble Nortel GPSTM Boards

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Aug 1 04:15:52 EDT 2013

Hi Bob

It's certainly very much from the same family, these seem to be a couple of
 years more recent but obviously aimed at the same spec, and I don't doubt
they're going to behave in basically the same way, but given that such
things  are firmware driven that doesn't exclude possible quirks.

By way of example, I'm running this on an indoor antenna right now, not bad
 but satellites do drop in and out, and at times I'm seeing very noticeable
 step changes in the DAC voltage on this one as that happens.
Warren S has commented on this with the Thunderbolt so it's no great
surprise but I am a bit surprised by the extent, a Mark Sims online plot from
2012 shows some correlation on an NTGS50AA but not as noticeable as this, and
I  don't recall seeing anything quite so pronounced on a Thunderbolt.
Similarly, other than scaling, the DAC voltage on PPS plots are just about
identical.

Again not a problem, but I was just curious to see if anyone  had compared
the two side by side.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 31/07/2013 22:59:31 GMT Daylight Time, lists at rtty.us
writes:

Hi

>From looking at a picture of one, it seems to have all  the same "stuff" on
it as the NTGS50 era gizmos. It should behave the same  way.

Bob