[time-nuts] 5MHz x 10MHz

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Aug 2 15:59:10 EDT 2013

Hi

You might want to check the equipment you are going to use with it. A lot of early gear that is marked "10 MHz" really has a range of frequencies it will accept. They often will accept anything that is a sub-multiple of 10 MHz (5, 2.5, 3.33333, 1.25 etc). They used a simple phase detector to lock up a local 50 or 100 MHz oscillator in the equipment.

Bob