[time-nuts] Low cost GPS for model aircraft

Andy Bardagjy andy at bardagjy.com
Mon Aug 5 10:37:37 EDT 2013

There are quite a few off the shelf model aircraft controllers. As you can
imagine, those based on GPS and/or MEMS IMUs are not terrifically high
performing. That said, I have seen very promising results from thermopile
based systems - good discussion in the link below

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Sensors/IR

They do tend to break down on overcast or cloudy days when the contrast
between the sky and the ground is minimal.

Andy Bardagjy
bardagjy.com