[time-nuts] SITime oscillators

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Aug 6 18:24:28 EDT 2013

Hi

Some of the MEMS parts have resonators with multiple peaks in them. It's a function of how they design the resonator it's self. They can have "interesting" phase noise plots even without the fractional-N PLL.

There is a world of applications out there that simply do not care about phase noise below some magic limit. It can be 12 KHz, it may higher than that. Some of those applications use a *lot* of oscillators ….

Bob