[time-nuts] Lady Heather without a PC

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 12:55:46 EDT 2013

I have been looking at SNMP intensively for the last 2 weeks. I came to
appreciate the warning I saw on one of the first documents I read about it:
the protocol is simple although the implementation is not :) While I am
sure you can run a useful subset of SNMP on a small machine, there are much
simpler protocols to use for something like that. I like the web browser
client with javascript and Ajax if you need it because every device
nowadays can run it, and every device is powerful enough to do a decent job
with it.
Now, if you feel that you absolutely need to monitor your Thunderbolt with
your cell phone, I suggest you get a life :)
My suggestion was mainly based on using a laptop or other "computer", just
like LadyHeather does not.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com