[time-nuts] Lady Heather W/O a PC: Alternative

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 23:38:39 EDT 2013

List,

I have no problem with someone porting LH to any
device of their choice.

But at the Huntsville, AL hamfest this last weekend
there were a number of fully functional laptops for $29. I didn’t check what OS
they were using.

Sure they are about as old as dirt however they
are great for guys like me that don’t know a thing about programming and have
no interest in learning to program.  They
would provide a cheap LH monitor and when they die, just buy another.

If you wanted to go upscale there were loads of
14.1 inch IBM Thinkpads running various flavors of XP for $225. I’d expect one
of that quality build to run for years especially if one was to cut some extra ventilation
holes in the case and add a small external fan.

Regards,

Perrier