[time-nuts] Help in Locking a Windows Computer to GPS Time

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 01:02:48 EDT 2013

From: Hal Murray

> I think the OP wants "UTC time from a GPS" rather than "GPS time".

In case, it should be simple.

> But even  if it /was/ GPS time, couldn't a set of simple "fudge"
> statements
> in the NTP  configuration provide that?  OK, you would need to change the
> fudge lines  when the GPS to UTC offset changed...

I think that would work.

Another complication is that there isn't any fudge offset for other servers
(non refclocks) so you can't use normal servers running on UTC as a sanity
check.

Oh, if you can't use a fudge on other servers, that's a pity, and I wouldn't
then trust such a fiddled clock.  Mind you, I can quite understand why it's
not allowed!

Thanks, Hal.

David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu