[time-nuts] RFTGm-II-Rb - can you gps discipline it without the XO module?

Alan Kamrowski II alank2 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 23 14:38:33 EDT 2013

Hi Guido and mc235960,

It stopped doing it all of a sudden and is now accepting the date properly.  I did numerous CPU resets on it and one power down/power up and it still did it.  Telling the unit the date was old (1/1/1994) took fine so I kept increasing the year 1999, 2000, 2005, 2015 and finally back to 2013 and it stayed ok.

The Motorola @@ea command doesn't have the GPS week in it so I'm not sure how the unit got where it was, but it does seem related to that somehow.  I did try to send it 2050 to see how far it would go because the Motorola spec ends at 2017.  Perhaps this triggered a "fix gps date" function in eeprom that added to the date to try to correct for the number of week rollover issue?

Thanks,

Alan