[time-nuts] Needed: The Real Serial USB Fix

Gabs Ricalde gsricalde at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 02:07:10 EDT 2013

For serial to Ethernet I use ser2net [1] on cheap wireless routers
using the serial port pads on the board and a Beaglebone. The
application I use (u-blox u-center) can use TCP connections, if you
require a real COM port on Windows com0com and com2tcp [2] should work.

ser2net sends one TCP packet per character received on the serial port,
this may be desirable (when you need the lowest latency) or not (when
you want to reduce packet overhead)

[1] http://ser2net.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://com0com.sourceforge.net/