[time-nuts] Needed: The Real Serial USB Fix

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 10:27:41 EDT 2013

OK I may be late to the game here.
Using a great device to solve my rs232 port problems. Its a did TS serial
poer server.
They make them in 16 ports and smaller. Essentially it translates the ports
to ethernet and everything I have can then use the rs232 devices. The ports
stay put unlike USB thats been a pain actually. Multiple workstations and
such can access the ports. They can translate say port 16 so that it looks
like com3....
First 16 port was free. The 8 ports cost a wopping $5. Nobody knows what
these things are so no value.
I didn't till I stumbled into 1at work that was getting tossed and the
light bulb lit up.
Currently integrating them into the systems
Good luck
Paul
WB8TSL