[time-nuts] de Witte's Experiment

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Tue Aug 27 14:44:39 EDT 2013

If the cables are buried on the order of 1 m deep, in touch with the
ground, temperature effects are drastically cut, without controllers,
etc. Surface temp changes are very attenuated.
Don

Tom Van Baak
> Hi Steven,
>
> You can contact me off-line about this if you want more information.
>
> Being someone with plenty of cesium clocks I looked into his claims in
> the late 90's. His cables and electronics were not at all temperature
> compensated. It's a simple mistake we all make at one point or another
> in our time-nuts career.
>
> Once you deal with tempco correctly no one has problems like he saw,
> whether your clocks are as old as the one he used in 1991 or modern ones
> that are ten to a thousand times more accurate.
>
> Note he ran his experiment for 178 days. If you run a ground temperature
> experiment for a full year (or years) you get complete temperature
> cycles; if you happen to pick only half a year, starting early summer as
> he did, you get a slow ramp.
>
> When you combine diurnal changes (which he saw) with half-year ramps
> (which he mis-interpreted) you get a solar-sidereal effect that looks
> extra-terrestrial. Roland was a little too eager to prove aether exists
> and textbooks were wrong. Unfortunately he died shortly before I could
> email him about his methods and raw data. That was, what, 15 years ago.
>
> /tvb
> www.LeapSecond.com

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it.”
-George Bernard Shaw

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLC