[time-nuts] Symmetricom TimeSource 3000 3500 Question

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 17:29:25 EST 2013

Hello Nuts,

I have a Symmetricom 3500 shelf minus GPS receiver.  The 3xxx series looks
like it uses a proprietary IF interface that shoots 18V up to the GPS
receiver, and I don't know what comes down.  There has to be data though
since the box can report lat and lon.  Don't know if there is also any
frequency reference signal, but based on the function of the box you might
think that there is.  The physical interface is just a single piece of coax.

Does anyone know what the 'proprietary IF interface' is?  Does anyone have
an extra GPS receiver laying around that they would like to get tid of (or
where I could find one) for these boxes?

Thanks in advance.

Skip Withrow