[time-nuts] GPS timing antenna 5 meter BNC Plug with cable

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 11:31:13 EST 2013

On 5 December 2013 05:56, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Anyone know whether these antennas are any good?  Anyone used one?  I wonder
> where they are made?
>

> http://www.rfsupplier.com/timing-antenna-meter-plug-with-rg58-coax-cable-p-2344.html
>
> Looks like it has no filter, and some of the spelling is dubious!
>
> Thanks,
> David

Reading the site

"Rfsupplier is a online b2c company located in Shenzhen, China which
specialized..."

I agree the English is odd, but it is better than my Chinese.

Its an interesting site that will make cables of arbitrary length with
arbitrary connectors, though I think they might struggle to make this
cable they quote $6 for.

"Product: Cable Type: RG8; Length: 0.1cm/0.04inch(s); Connector A: N
Straight Jack; Connector B: N Right Angle Plug"

I wish I could find a similar site that would make me a cable with a
2.4 mm male plug at one end, and a female chassis mount SMA on the
other. I suspect a company like Huber and Suhner could make me one,
but I suspect it would be a small fortune for a one-off.

Dave