[time-nuts] Shortt Clock Recent Measurements

Tom Harris celephicus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 00:06:38 EST 2013

Longbow, for very long fibres :)

Yes it was. He was the epitome of the experimental physicist who was also a
master instrument maker.
Boys also wrote an entertaining book on soap bubbles & surface tension
where as a demonstration he makes a mechanical amplifier using sound to
trigger a stream of drops of water to merge into large drops which then
fell onto a drumskin, turning the ticking of a watch up to deafening
proportions.

Tom Harris <celephicus at gmail.com>