[time-nuts] fast edge, rise time.

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Thu Dec 26 13:23:57 EST 2013

Can you say more about your application? What does your load look like?
What pulse shape? There are well-known solutiuons for most problems.

As Jim said, a lot depends on the energy you need per pulse. What works
for a few mJ will not work for MJ

BTW, SCRs probably switch a lot faster than thyratrons. Years ago, I
cobbled up a high-current SCR pulser with a few thousand uF cap and stud
mounted SCR. It would drive enough current through a length of hook up
wire so that the wire would jump off the desk when pulsed.

-John