[time-nuts] Racal 9420 OCXO schematic?

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Tue Feb 5 15:41:43 EST 2013

On 2/5/2013 6:00 AM, Marco IK1ODO -2 wrote:
> The subject says it all: anyone has the schematic of the Racal 9420 OCXO?
> A friend has one that stopped oscillating, and want to give it a try.

Marco, there is a man in Wales who offers these schematics for sale [1]
and also repairs 9087 signal generators.  He has never replied to
several emails I sent him, so good luck!

I have had several failures in the smaller 9442 OCXO, all of which,
among other things had hardened and brittle very fine PVC wiring into
the inner parts.  It is worth looking at this first of all and replacing
it with Teflon / PTFE wring, if necessary.   I have the circuit for the
9442, but haven't yet had a need for doing the much more complicated
9420.  Touch wood.

Dan

[1] for about what you would pay for the OCXO on ebay.