[time-nuts] Nifty "MINI TIC" for DMTD

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Fri Feb 8 15:24:37 EST 2013

We do 0603 and 0402 with IC's at .5mm lead spacing all day long. Under
stereo zoom, it's not an issue. We have 50+ year old techs who build
this stuff all day...

We have one of these on every bench. At around $700 new for the 3x to
90x Zoom it's not bad. But may be prohibitive for home use. I can
highly recommend adding a .5x bottom lens, as this increases your
working distance by a factor of two...
http://truevisionmicroscopes.com/category/products/boom-mounted-normal-microscope/

Once you go surface mount, you'll never want to do through hole again!

Dan