[time-nuts] lightweight webserver for, e.g., NTP widget

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 12 22:57:42 EST 2013

On 2/12/13 10:11 AM, Didier Juges wrote:
> Before you know it, you are going to find that not having php (or Python, or Perl, or whatever your favorite scripting language is) is crippling. I recommend you bite the bullet and get a small ARM SBC big enough to run a full Linux distro. I use a TS-7553 from embeddedarm.com with great satisfaction for just things like that.

computing resources aren't really the problem.. It's the configuration
resources (i.e. time to set up the server and configure it properly).

I've been playing yesterday and today with a variety of the suggestions
made here and it's been fun.  python -m SimpleHTTPServer is pretty easy,
after all. (although doesn't do POST, etc.)

A bunch of the choices described here make it pretty easy to fire off
python or something else.

I haven't tried it on a Raspberry Pi yet, but I've been working with a
bunch of clunky old PCs I happened to have around.  Tomorrow I'll try a
couple of them on a 10 year old Via Mini-ITX box with compact flash I
have in my desk drawer that runs an old Debian distro.  If it runs on
that, it will run on anything.