[time-nuts] Logging the grid frequency....

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Fri Feb 22 23:52:58 EST 2013

I think you have to ask what is the use that is going to be made of that
number.  Do you want to know how well an old synchronous clock will keep time or
do you want to know when there's been an (inductive) phase shift that signifies
the loss of a transmission line?  Are you interested in how phase relates at
various parts of the system (synchrophasors)?  How fast do you need to detect
and how fast do you need to react (if that is your intent).  Or do you just want
to log and make pretty graphs later?  You have to answer questions like this
before you can say what is appropriate or not as a measurement means, and that's
where this is heading, yes?