[time-nuts] GPSDO with a RaspberryPi

Herbert Poetzl herbert at 13thfloor.at
Thu Feb 28 07:28:15 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 01:26:17AM +0100, Azelio Boriani wrote:
> First try at a simple GPSDO for the RaspberryPi. See here:
> http://www.c-c-i.com/exchange/ for the file PiAutoTIC1.zip
> Thanks to Bob Smither for his file exchange site.

Pardon my ignorance, but where does the 161ms PPS length
come from?

2^24 = 16777216 so with 50/100ns clock intervals, we
should either see 83.88ms or 167.77ms (typo?)

Otherwise, nice project, thanks for sharing and thanks
for releasing it as open-source (btw, you might want
to use some license, like GPLv2 for that).

Nitpick: the SI symbol for second is 's' not 'S', i.e.
lowercase instead of upper, because 'S' stands for
siemens (which is the SI unit of electric conductance)

thanks,
Herbert