[time-nuts] An embedded NTP server

Tom Harris celephicus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 01:34:15 UTC 2013

+1 for Forth!

+1 for your opinions on PICs & AVRs. We can buy low end NXP ARM Cortex M0
chips (e.g. LPC1113) for less than the PIC18 we were using before, and it
has a real compiler and (unlike the real world) evidence of intelligent
design!

Do you really need an OS? Surely for a box that is only ever going to be an
NTP server you just need a network interface and good maths? I've just seen
a later comment where you mention floating point support, but would 64 bit
integer maths work just as well?

Tom Harris <celephicus at gmail.com>