[time-nuts] YIG oscillators

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Jan 4 19:34:33 UTC 2013

They are neat toys, aren't they?  :-)  I discovered them a couple of
years ago.  Since then I've collected a few from ebay to play with.
They're oddball units with no documentation, but they weren't too hard
to decipher.  I even cobbled together a phase-lock system for one.  It
worked, but it was too noisy for my needs.  It seems like YIGs have been
superseded by VCOs for most applications - but I'm by no means an expert.

I've collected some random PDFs and other files about YIGs.  I zipped
them and put them on Mediafire.  Help yourself.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6v0db7crbkbb943

Ed