[time-nuts] single board PCs

Daniel Mendes dmendesf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 01:36:43 UTC 2013

Seems that you need windows, so you need x86. I would go with some
miniITX with Atom or AMD E-350.

A datapoint: I have 2 netbooks (don´t ask me why). One has an atom Z520
@ 1.33GHz. The other has an AMD E-350 dual core @1.6GHz. The Atom is a
pile of crap. The AMD is very useable.
There are newer versions of both chips that maybe change things around.

IF you don´t need windows, I have 2 ideas for you:

1) Pandaboard - Dual core cortex A9. I run it in a few projets. Works OK
with Linux. Please add an small radiaton on top of the chip (It works ok
without one for a few hours, even at 100% CPU usage, but long term it
will fail).

2) MCIMX6Q-SL - Quad core cortex A9. Never used, but seems good: more
processing power than the Pandaboard, SATA interface.... i´ll buy one
someday.

Daniel