[time-nuts] single board PCs

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 7 02:31:00 UTC 2013

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> What's the hot ticket these days.. One of the CarPC things (most are a
> miniITX/miniATX with a USB or SD  "disk drive"). (This is what I used last
> time)

I think you need to figure out how much horsepower you want/need and/or how
much cooling you can afford.

Much of the embedded (and CarPC) systems are targeted at the low power
market.  Some/many of them can run without fans.  The catch is low horsepower
as well as low wall-power.

For software development, you can do most of that on a normal desktop PC.

If you are happy with what you used last time, go with it again.  (or
whatever newer version they are pushing)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.