[time-nuts] "Better" gps antennas than a Symmetricom 58532A

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Mon Jan 21 13:50:15 EST 2013

Mark wrote:

>Does anyone have any suggestions for an antenna that would be
>significantly better than a Symmetricom 58532A for typical time nuts
>applications.   Immunity to other transmitters is also a
>consideration for me, and this may push me towards staying with the 58532A.

I use an AeroAntenna AT575-90 choke-ring antenna:

      http://ebookbrowse.com/at575-90-g-pdf-d359926216

They are available from time to time on ebay.

It is by far the best GPS antenna I have with respect to timing and
position stability, presumably due to superior multipath
rejection.  It also will work indoors where other antennas will
not.  Regarding immunity from interference, it rejects the crud put
out by my digiscope better than the others, but that is hardly a
systematic test.

Best regards,

Charles