[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Monitor

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:44:13 EST 2013

I was looking into porting much of LH into an Arduino or TI Launch Pad
(msp430) And then a display would be web based.  But then I decided to

But I think that is that way to go.  The TB is best kept in some
light-out closet and who wants to stand of a step stool to read an LCD
when a web interface could put a better display on your smart phone or
computer

I did just buy a TI Launchpad.  For $4.30 shipping included I could
not resist but I have in mind a MUCH smaller project

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Major L. McGee III <majorm at sc.rr.com> wrote:
> I have been following this on the list for a while now and was curious if
> anyone is actively working on a open source monitor.  I see the one made by
> Adam VK4GHZ is no longer being sold.  This got me back on track for wanting
> to make one of my own.
>
> I have been using either tbmon or lady heather but always have issues with a
> usb to serial converter when I start the computer.  It will go haywire and
> cause it to freeze and make the mouse malfunction.  Once I disconnect the
> converter (I have tried other makes as well) it works fine.  Usually I can
> reconnect the converter and things will work again.
>
> What I would like to do is make a 2 or 4 line lcd readout to display various
> info.  I really liked VK4GHZ's page type selector knob.  I can see that
> being very useful.  On a youtube video by n6vmo said the thunderbolt used a
> ASCII Hex and "needs to be converted by using 64 bit floating point math".
>
> So are any of you currently working on this or have decided to quit and have
> any information to share?

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California