[time-nuts] Least costly 10 MHz reference solution

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Jan 23 14:48:36 EST 2013

Hi

Not to pick nits, but 7 decimal places at what input frequency? Seven places
is 10 ppb at 10 MHz. If the input was 100 MHz, it would be 1 ppb.

The distinction is significant, since it crosses a boundary.  At 10 ppb a
free running Rb is fine with no adjustments. At 1 ppb, some adjustment might
be needed.

You might also want a standard that's 5X better than the expected result.
That would get you into the 2 to 0.2 ppb range.

Lots of fiddly little details...

Bob