[time-nuts] OT, looking for a good science forum

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 02:23:17 EST 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM, J. Forster <jfor at quikus.com> wrote:

> Unless you are doing fundamental physics research, are you sure you need a
> cryo temperature standard?

You are right.  What I asked I should have said that 1% accuracy would
be good enough.    I'm pretty sure now that I can get to the 1% level
for well under $20.  They sell small thin film platinum RTD for about
$8.  They look like a tiny SMD resistor.   I could place a constant
current across it and meaure the voltage drop.

Dry ice sublimation might be the safest calibration method and close
enough for thr 1% goal maybe.  Another calibration point might be the
boiling point of water.

I don't need to design this now,  it was an example equestion
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California