[time-nuts] GPIB, Proloigix, cables

Thomas S. Knutsen la3pna at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 13:59:38 EST 2013

What you can do, is to have the program know the addresses and status code
of the items on the bus, then do an serial poll to get the status of each
item on the bus.
It wont work on all items, but it should be possible to avoid problems like
the one you describe and instrument not turned on.
In addition, you could  have several like instruments with different
adresses, and let the program just choose the one thats turned on.

Br.
Thomas.

2013/1/27 Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net>

> Connectivity to the prologix from host isn't the problem.    The challenge
> is on the gpib side. It was almost working, so I was wondering if there was
> a systematic way to test.  Maybe getting a second prologix to serve as an
> instrument emulator?  Cheap if it saves hours debugging a rack full of gear.
>
> Actually.  I've been thinking about going to a prologix per instrument
> model.  Then it's just an ip address per instrument
>
> On Jan 27, 2013, at 8:33, "Prologix" <support at prologix.biz> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > We recommend starting with the procedure described in the FAQ to verify
> > connectivity:
> > http://prologix.biz/gpib-ethernet-1.2-faq.html
> >
> > Regards,
> > Abdul

 Please  avoid sending  me  Word  or  PowerPoint  attachments.
 See  <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
PDF is an better alternative and there are always LaTeX!