[time-nuts] HP E1938A Oscillator

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 01:23:37 EDT 2013

List,

I was looking on Ebay for some HP E1938A
oscillators

What I found listed were:

HP E1938A 10 MHz Quartz Oscillator with EFC on PC
board. $100 Fluke.l

HP E1938-60201 Ovenized Crystal Oscillator  (on a PC board) $100 Tomy Chou

HP E1938A Ovenized Crystal Oscillator  W/O a PC board for $50 and free shipping from  2010bluebook.
My question is thus:  What does the PC board do?  All I need is a HP EFC oscillator that would
be better that my HP 10811-60111’s.

Do I need to worry that the E1938A’s without the
board maybe of lessor quality than the others?

Fluke.l says his units are good but not stellar.  The other venders say they have tested the
units and guarantee them to be good.  If
so, would it get better with aging?

So what does the collective wisdom/experience of
the group think?  TIA

Regards,

Perrier