[time-nuts] HP E1938A Oscillator

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 04:55:22 EDT 2013

Perrier,

I think that I would take a well-working 10811 over the E1938A.

I've got a handful of both, one even came inside a Z3815A and all of the 10811 units are better than all of the 1938's for unknown reasons.

The 1938A is quite a bit more stable over temp in general though I think, but thats offset by its typical crystal jumps.

In fact the E1938A inside the Z3815A I have is a disaster in terms of stability, phase noise, and spurs when compared to all of my 10811 driven Z3805A units. That is very likely mostly caused by the much poorer design of the Z3815A when compared to the Z3805A.

Bye,
Said