[time-nuts] Speaking of Costas loops

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 5 12:18:39 EDT 2013

On 7/5/13 8:44 AM, Bob Stewart wrote:
> Wouldn't a Cs or Rb clock in orbit be slow due to relativistic effects?  I'm pretty sure there is a relativistic correction to the GPS clocks.
>
> Bob - AE6RV

I believe that the original WAAS repurposed transponders intended for
other L-band satellite signals (e.g. Sirius/XM/LightSquared).

As noted earlier in the discussion, the new satellites might have a
specialized payload, which could have a purpose specific coherent
transponder, rather than a linear translator.

If it is purpose specific and single channel, then making it immune to
the local oscillator is straightforward.