[time-nuts] Nortel Trimble thunderbolt

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Fri Jul 5 15:55:47 EDT 2013

All:

I have my new Nortel unit powered up.  I have been unsuccessful at
getting it to communicate with Lady Heather.

I have tried both 19K2, 7, O 1 and 9K6, 8, N, 1 on the serial port to no
avail.
I tried the command line switch to wake up Nortel units wit both sets of
serial parameters, to no avail.

The instance of Lady Heather which goes out to KE5FX site works, so I
presume I have a correct installation of Lady Heather.

The Nortel appears to go through normal power up display on power up.
Then it lights the yellow "no communication" LED.  Once I hooked up an
antenna, within a few minutes, the green LOCK LED came on.  It appears
that the Nortel is working.

Is there something I'm missing about making these two play nicely together??

Thanks & 73,
Jim
wb4gcs at amsat.org