[time-nuts] How dangerous if Rb lamp broken?

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 07:40:50 EDT 2013

Hi Hui,
Most bulbs use a mix of Rb87 and Rb85 with an activity of around 1500 Bq/gram with less than half a millgram in a typical bulb, that's less than a Bq per bulb (about 20 picocuries). You will get more ardiation from using low sodium salt (potassium chloride) on your food. Potasium is essential for life and Rb is chemically similar.
In short don't worry.
Robert G8RPI (also a geiger "nut" and collector of radioactive material)