[time-nuts] Lead acid battery noise levels

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 9 21:59:41 EDT 2013

Thanks all for the responses so far.

Just to clarify I am not charging the batteries while using them to power the OCXO.  With a load of less than 150 mA and a nominal capacity of 100 AH I don't foresee any issues running the OCXO for a week or so (:  I periodically charge the batteries from time to time and probably should discharge a bit more frequently anyways (they serve as a backup power source for some other time nuts gear.)

Unfortunately the OCXO in question is only spec'd to handle a power source of 24 volts plus or minus 10% which rules out simply leaving the OCXO directly connected to the battery bank while the batteries are float charged.

Best regards
Mark Spencer