[time-nuts] Very stable synthesizer, alternative to PTS(Programmed Test Sources) x10 or 040?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 11 09:48:14 EDT 2013

On 7/11/13 12:45 AM, Stefan Heinzmann wrote:
> Jim Lux wrote:
>> On 7/10/13 12:29 PM, Didier Juges wrote:
>>> Jim said:
>>>

> Now you're confusing me. As far as I am aware, there was the 8663A which
> appeared in the early eighties. And much later came the E8663B, and
> subsequently the E8663D. I've never seen an 8663B from HP. From the
> context I would guess that you really mean the 8663A, and not the 8663B,
> right?

Yes.. sorry.. got in the habit of typing the B...

The Agilent 8663B, while having similar data book performance to the HP
8663A, has a different internal design.  And, we depended on the
idiosyncracies of that design.  As noted elsewhere, Fluke has a more
8663A-like device (the Fluke 9640, I think... but I'd have to check some
old emails to find out)