[time-nuts] 10811 outer oven controller.

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 12 21:04:26 EDT 2013

Bob said {the 10811 will run fine without the outer oven}
What I've seen is that a dual oven 10811 will run even **finer** and have up
to 100 times less sensitivity to normal room temperature changes with a
simple outer oven controller and a few mods.

In 2010 I compared the performance of a TBolt using an external dual oven
10811 Osc with and without it's outer oven being controlled.
There was more than a 60 to 1 improvement in the 10811's freq sensitivity to
small room temperature changes when the outer oven was active.
Open loop 10811 TC was <1e-12 /C with the dual oven on compared to 6e-11/C
with it off.
The green trace shows how much less EFC correction is needed to be to keep
the 10811's frequency constant when the dual oven is active.
http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/attachments/20100223/c94d5eec/attachment-0001.gif

ws