[time-nuts] GPS 18 behavior

David McGaw n1hac at alum.dartmouth.org
Sun Jul 21 10:15:46 EDT 2013

The GPS-18 does NOT output 1PPS until it acquires lock.  Then the 1PPS
stays on even if lock is lost, running from the internal crystal.  I
have not checked, but once it reacquires lock I presume it jumps to the
correct second.  All outputs including 1PPS are CMOS levels, so it
drives both low and high.

David